A Slew of Savary Sensations

For all you women out there who have experienced the brain trauma of figuring out what to have for dinner or need helpful food preparation tips...this blog's for you! Here you can find great recipes and tips from the women of the Savary Slew. Ladies and gentlemen, start your salavatin', please!

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Taco Soup...oh my goodness

This soup is so delicious!!! Don't be put off by the fact that you use ground turkey. I was skeptical at first but it is wonderful. If you just can't do the ground turkey, you could use ground beef. It serves alot (12) but it freezes really well. Enjoy!!! :D

TACO SOUP
3/4 pound ground turkey
1 pkg fiesta ranch dressing mix(or regular ranch dressing mix, fiesta ranch can be hard to find)
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can pinto beans
1 can chili hot beans(or just chili beans)
1 can black beans
1 can rotel(this is just diced tomatoes with green chilis in it)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cup of frozen corn
1 diced onion
1 diced green bell pepper

Brown meat with onion and bell pepper. Add seasoning mixes. Saute until vegetables are tender. add remaining ingredients.
Makes 12 servings

4 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

This sounds similar to my Santa Fe soup. Do you serve things like fritos, sour cream, etc. with it?

9:21 AM  
Blogger Kathie said...

I do :) I serve baked tostitos scoops, they make perfect little spoon/taco shells ;D A little cheese, sour cream and a salad.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

hmmm... I was JUST searching for a ground turkey recipe (b/c I bought some on sale and don't have recipes for it)

Maybe we should plan a taco soup/game night (at your place) so I can try it before I make it. (I can contribute ingredients.) Ground turkey makes me verrry nervous b/c of a couple bad experiences but I'm hopeful for better experiences.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

Had this last night @ Momma's and it was delic! Now I have a recipe for turkey, yippee! Let me know if you find anymore good ground turkey recipes.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home