Lovers' Chicken Tetrazzini
The reason for the title is because we cooked this as a couple tonight. We were hungry, I didn't have the ingredients I needed for what I planned to make, and Matt browsed the cookbook because he was in the mood to cook. He found a chicken tetrazzini recipe (which he loves), and we had most of the ingredients. So this is our edited version that we had fun making and eating together on a Friday night! It was nice to feel like the assistant chef to my hubby the chef. :-)
8 oz spaghetti
1/3 cup diced onion
2 Tbs butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 1/4 cup chicken broth
1 1/4 cup milk
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1) Cook spaghetti according to package; drain.
2) Meanwhile, in a saucepan or skillet, cook onions in butter until tender. Stir in flour, pepper, and nutmeg. Add broth and milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan followed by chicken and spaghetti, stirring gently to coat.
3) Transfer pasta mixture to baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake 350 uncovered for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Notes:
~We are going to saute some garlic with the onion next time for extra flare.
~Fresh sauted/steamed veggies such as squash & zucchini or broccoli & carrots would taste great mixed into the tetrazzini. It would also add some wonderful color.
~I say add as much Parm as you want...to me you can never have enough!
~If you have a Pampered Chef skillet, you've saved yourself a step of cooking and clean-up because it is oven proof at 350. Take it from stovetop straight to the oven rather than transferring to a baking dish!

1 Comments:
this sounds yummy. I didn't know Matt liked to cook, how fun for you :)
Post a Comment
<< Home