A Slew of Savary Sensations

For all you women out there who have experienced the brain trauma of figuring out what to have for dinner or need helpful food preparation tips...this blog's for you! Here you can find great recipes and tips from the women of the Savary Slew. Ladies and gentlemen, start your salavatin', please!

Saturday, December 16, 2006

In honor of a cook who should be posting here :)


I made these in honor of my brother, Jon, for his birthday. He is a great cook and should be posting on this blog. You slit a jumbo black olive, top to bottom, stuff it with cream cheese. Then you slice a carrot to make a coin, make a little "v" in the coin. Use the "v" carrot to make the beak...you do that by making a small horizontal slit in a small olive and insert the "beak". Stack them up in this order...carrot coin, jumbo stuffed olive, small olive, then insert a toothpick through the head all the way down into the "feet". This is time consuming but they are so cute. I got the recipe from allrecipes.com

5 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

How fabulous! Why not add Jon to this site?

The word "slit" threw me for a loop at first... but then I was fine... but then the part that says to insert a toothpick through the head all the way down to the feet... I was not so fine with that! I think it made me shiver.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Jaclyn said...

OH MY WORD! How LONG did this take? I love looking at food like that, but cannot bear to eat it when I think of the time people take! :-P You are a brave soul!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Kathie said...

It wasn't to bad...maybe 1 to 1 1/2 hours. It was sooo worth it to see my brother's reaction :) Everyone really enjoyed them too, not one of them was left.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

Is that all of what you made, or did you make more after the photo?

5:41 PM  
Blogger Kathie said...

I made more after the photo, the plate was full of penguins... "march of the penguins" :D

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home