A Slew of Savary Sensations

For all you women out there who have experienced the brain trauma of figuring out what to have for dinner or need helpful food preparation tips...this blog's for you! Here you can find great recipes and tips from the women of the Savary Slew. Ladies and gentlemen, start your salavatin', please!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Aut's Pizza

Oh my word! I've been getting a little creative in the kitchen lately, and last week I made this FABULOUS pizza... the best homemade pizza I've had in my life. I wish I had taken a picture... I had already started eating when the thought occurred to me, and I wasn't about to stop!

Ingredients:
Whole wheat pizza dough/crust (I make mine in my bread machine)
about 1/2 small jar pizza sauce (I think I used Del Grosso)
olive oil
a few cloves garlic, chopped
some fresh spinach
some fresh tomatoes, sliced
some sliced baby bella mushrooms
2 c. shredded pizza cheese (I think I used Sargento)
sprinkle of Italian seasonings (i.e. basil, oregano)
fresh cracked salt & pepper

1. Prepare pizza dough according to your favorite recipe or packaged crust.
2. Saute garlic in a little olive oil for about 1 minute (don't let it get brown.)
3. Add spinach to garlic and saute until just wilted.
4. Add pizza sauce to garlic & spinach and mix well.
5. Spread pizza sauce mixture on crust.
6. Place sliced tomatoes in a single layer over pizza sauce.
7. Saute mushrooms in a little olive oil until they start to soften.
8. Sprinkle mushrooms over the tomato layer.
9. Top with cheese, seasonings, salt & pepper to taste.
10. Bake @ 400 degrees until top is golden, about 15-20 minutes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathie said...

sounds so yummy :)

12:24 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Why oh why must I be married to a man with tastebuds not geared to this kind of dish???

I'd leave off the 'shrooms though.

It sounds amazing. And Matt just said "If you like it so much, why don't you marry it?"

Maybe if you come at Tgiving too you can make it and he can have a PBJ? Oh wait, he said he'd eat it if you made it. But have a PBJ standing by.

Now he just said "I love how you leave comments like you instant message."

G'nite. It's too late for my brain.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Kathie said...

"if you like it so much, why don't you marry it?" ??? such a juvenile comment from such a usually funny guy...come on Matt you can do better than that :)

6:22 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

I'd marry it...

with a good glass of wine that is!

:)

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home