Question and a couple of recipes
Does anyone read this??? If you do at least post a comment that you do read this, please.
Now for recipes. These are recipes we made during our school year this year. We really enjoyed them so I thought I'd share. Part of the reason we like the pizza so well is there is no sauce, just fresh tomatoes. I made it last night and added some basil as well as the oregano and it was delicious. The three of us ate the whole pizza :) I hope you all enjoy these.
Pizza Napoletana
Pizza Crust(Dawn has a great recipe for this)
3 med. Tomatoes, chopped
1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
Make pizza crust. Arrange the tomatoes and cheese on top of crust. Sprinkle with oregano, salt and olive oil. Put back in the oven until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly.
Bavarian Pork Roast
3 ½ lbs. boneless pork shoulder roast
pepper to taste
5 tbsp. butter
2 ½ cups onion, chopped
8 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced or minced
2 tbsp. caraway seeds
1 tbsp. marjoram
1 cup water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the roast in 6-8 slices. Sprinkle both sides with pepper. In a large roasting pan, melt the butter on top of the stove. Put the meat in the baking pan and cover with onion, garlic, caraway seeds and marjoram. Add the water and bake for 1 more hour. Add more water if necessary. Serves 6-8
This one may not sound good but it is yummy!!
Apples and Potatoes
4 med. Potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes (about 4 cups)
2 tart apples, sliced
1 Tablespoon sugar
4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 med. Onion, sliced
1 Tablespoon butter, softened
dash of ground nutmeg
Heat 1 inch salted water (1 tsp. salt to 1 cup water) to boiling. Add potatoes, apples and sugar. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and cook until tender, 10 – 15 minutes; Drain. Fry bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Cook and stir onion in bacon fat until tender. Place potatoes and apples in serving bowl. Dot with butter; sprinkle with nutmeg. Top with onion and bacon. Makes 4-6 servings
Now for recipes. These are recipes we made during our school year this year. We really enjoyed them so I thought I'd share. Part of the reason we like the pizza so well is there is no sauce, just fresh tomatoes. I made it last night and added some basil as well as the oregano and it was delicious. The three of us ate the whole pizza :) I hope you all enjoy these.
Pizza Napoletana
Pizza Crust(Dawn has a great recipe for this)
3 med. Tomatoes, chopped
1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
Make pizza crust. Arrange the tomatoes and cheese on top of crust. Sprinkle with oregano, salt and olive oil. Put back in the oven until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly.
Bavarian Pork Roast
3 ½ lbs. boneless pork shoulder roast
pepper to taste
5 tbsp. butter
2 ½ cups onion, chopped
8 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced or minced
2 tbsp. caraway seeds
1 tbsp. marjoram
1 cup water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the roast in 6-8 slices. Sprinkle both sides with pepper. In a large roasting pan, melt the butter on top of the stove. Put the meat in the baking pan and cover with onion, garlic, caraway seeds and marjoram. Add the water and bake for 1 more hour. Add more water if necessary. Serves 6-8
This one may not sound good but it is yummy!!
Apples and Potatoes
4 med. Potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes (about 4 cups)
2 tart apples, sliced
1 Tablespoon sugar
4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 med. Onion, sliced
1 Tablespoon butter, softened
dash of ground nutmeg
Heat 1 inch salted water (1 tsp. salt to 1 cup water) to boiling. Add potatoes, apples and sugar. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and cook until tender, 10 – 15 minutes; Drain. Fry bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Cook and stir onion in bacon fat until tender. Place potatoes and apples in serving bowl. Dot with butter; sprinkle with nutmeg. Top with onion and bacon. Makes 4-6 servings

8 Comments:
I read it! I've just been short on computer time lately... which is probably a good thing!
I read it too...when I have extended computer time. :-) I have yet to try any of the recipes though (except the ones I've made before). Those are some pretty crazy recipes from school...how taste has changed. Not sure I'd like the Apples and Potatoes thing, but the other two sound good.
I read it but am not sure what to say when I comment :) I need to try a couple of these sometime soon!
Thank you for your comments, now I know I'm not the only one to read. Dawn, I know the apple potato thing sounds weird but it is really good...very german
i read it
Tomatoes? Ewwwww...
And yes, I do read this.
I stop by once in awhile. Always like new recepies.
I read occassionally, definitely trying the aspargus and chicken dish...thanks Dawn!
Katie (Aut's friend)
Post a Comment
<< Home