Pineapple Upside Down Cake
So a while back, Tracie and I tried to make a pineapple upside down cake because it is Matt's favorite and we were having a student worker party. It failed miserably. The inside of the cake was all frothy when we turned it onto a plate and no amount of rebaking or anything would fix it.
I tried it again today. Different pan. Different climate. Different oven.
Still, the middle came out frothy. Thankfully this time I didn't mess with it. I made sure the platter was oven safe and stuck that sucker back in the oven and just left it. I washed the dishes. I took a shower. I got ready for Matt to come home. THEN took it out of the oven because it looked as close to done as it was going to get.
And it is DELICIOUS! Anyone know why on earth the middle of a pineapple upside down cake comes out frothy unless you double the baking time? Has anyone been successful with this cake?
I tried it again today. Different pan. Different climate. Different oven.
Still, the middle came out frothy. Thankfully this time I didn't mess with it. I made sure the platter was oven safe and stuck that sucker back in the oven and just left it. I washed the dishes. I took a shower. I got ready for Matt to come home. THEN took it out of the oven because it looked as close to done as it was going to get.
And it is DELICIOUS! Anyone know why on earth the middle of a pineapple upside down cake comes out frothy unless you double the baking time? Has anyone been successful with this cake?

2 Comments:
I have no idea! What kinds of ingredients are in it? Is there something milky that would froth when bubbly? hmmm...
There is milk in it, but I don't know why it would be frothy. The first recipe I used was Pampered Chef and the second was Betty Crocker. But the result was the same both times.
Post a Comment
<< Home