Classic BBQ Sauce
Pampered Chef
Yes. I, Dawn, am posting a BBQ sauce recipe. I am proud and thankful to say I have successfully acquired a taste for basic barbeque. Why did I attempt this? Because my husband loves it so much. :-) I have made BBQ baked chicken twice and loved it both times. I even put a little extra sauce on a few bites last time. This recipe perfectly fits its name...Classic.
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp chili powder
1) Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over med-high heat. Reduce heat to med-low; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) When getting ready to bake or grill, portion out just the amount of sauce needed for brushing on meat. Cover and refrigerate unused sauce for later use.
3) Using basting brush (or spoon for thicker coating), brush sauce over surface of meat every 5 minutes during last 10-15 minutes of baking, broiling, or grilling. Discard any remaining sauce used to baste raw meat.
Yield: 2 1/2 cups, enough to baste 4-5 lbs beef or pork ribs or cut up chicken pieces.
Yes. I, Dawn, am posting a BBQ sauce recipe. I am proud and thankful to say I have successfully acquired a taste for basic barbeque. Why did I attempt this? Because my husband loves it so much. :-) I have made BBQ baked chicken twice and loved it both times. I even put a little extra sauce on a few bites last time. This recipe perfectly fits its name...Classic.
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp chili powder
1) Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over med-high heat. Reduce heat to med-low; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) When getting ready to bake or grill, portion out just the amount of sauce needed for brushing on meat. Cover and refrigerate unused sauce for later use.
3) Using basting brush (or spoon for thicker coating), brush sauce over surface of meat every 5 minutes during last 10-15 minutes of baking, broiling, or grilling. Discard any remaining sauce used to baste raw meat.
Yield: 2 1/2 cups, enough to baste 4-5 lbs beef or pork ribs or cut up chicken pieces.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home