Florentine Chicken Ring
Pampered Chef, Stoneware Sensations
This gorgeous dish is great for brunches or a refreshing dinner. I made it for the first time a couple nights ago and love it! The lemon zest and red bell give it a burst of flavor that compliments the milder tastes of spinach and chicken. And what isn't good when crescent rolls are invovled?? It is also a beautiful dish and looks like it took a while...when in reality, it does not!
1 can (10 oz) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
2 pkgs (8 oz ea.) regrigerated crescent rolls
Preaheat oven to 375. In a large bowl, flake chicken with fork or pastry blender. Add chopped bell pepper, drained spinach, lemon zest, shredded cheese, mayonnaise, salt, and nutmeg; mix well.
Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles (pre-cut). Arrange triangles in circle on round baking stone with wide ends of triangles overlapping in teh center and points toward the outside. There should be a 5" diameter opening in teh center.
Using a scoop or large spoon, scoop chicken mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Breing outside points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Filling will not be completely covered.)
Bake 20-25 mintues or until golden brown.
Tips:
*I poached to chicken breasts rather than using (yucky) canned chicken. To poach, rinse thawed chicken breasts and place in a pan filled with water. Bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand at least 15 minutes. This produces very moist chicken! If you boil the chicken the whole time, it will be much drier.
*I finely chopped the bell pepper because I am still acquiring the taste. It was delicious to have tiny bits throughout!
*You could probably use a regular baking sheet if you do not have a round stone. Just don't burn the bottom!
Pampered Chef's Tips:
*To remove excess moisture from thawed forzen spinach, hold it over the sink and squeeze it with your hands.
*For maxiumum flavor, use sharp cheddar cheese instead of a mild or medium cheddar.
This gorgeous dish is great for brunches or a refreshing dinner. I made it for the first time a couple nights ago and love it! The lemon zest and red bell give it a burst of flavor that compliments the milder tastes of spinach and chicken. And what isn't good when crescent rolls are invovled?? It is also a beautiful dish and looks like it took a while...when in reality, it does not!
1 can (10 oz) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
2 pkgs (8 oz ea.) regrigerated crescent rolls
Preaheat oven to 375. In a large bowl, flake chicken with fork or pastry blender. Add chopped bell pepper, drained spinach, lemon zest, shredded cheese, mayonnaise, salt, and nutmeg; mix well.
Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles (pre-cut). Arrange triangles in circle on round baking stone with wide ends of triangles overlapping in teh center and points toward the outside. There should be a 5" diameter opening in teh center.
Using a scoop or large spoon, scoop chicken mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Breing outside points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Filling will not be completely covered.)
Bake 20-25 mintues or until golden brown.
Tips:
*I poached to chicken breasts rather than using (yucky) canned chicken. To poach, rinse thawed chicken breasts and place in a pan filled with water. Bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand at least 15 minutes. This produces very moist chicken! If you boil the chicken the whole time, it will be much drier.
*I finely chopped the bell pepper because I am still acquiring the taste. It was delicious to have tiny bits throughout!
*You could probably use a regular baking sheet if you do not have a round stone. Just don't burn the bottom!
Pampered Chef's Tips:
*To remove excess moisture from thawed forzen spinach, hold it over the sink and squeeze it with your hands.
*For maxiumum flavor, use sharp cheddar cheese instead of a mild or medium cheddar.

4 Comments:
Another tip: If you are trying to be careful with calories...and you use the sharp cheddar you could use less and still have good flavor. Just a thought :)
I always get medium cheddar, and it still tasted great! And who counts calories? Esp. when you're nursing. tee hee ;-)
I really should start taking pictures of what I make and post. The ring was so pretty! I did freeze some so maybe I will take one out, put it on a pretty plate, and snap a pic.
taking pics is a great idea. you could post the recipes for things you have pics for already...like that cloud thing and I know several others you have posted pics on your "regular" blog.
This was very yummy too! And very pretty...I loved all of the bold colors! I did use the canned chicken because we had it in the pantry in our "hurricane stash," but next time I will use "real" chicken and I think it will be even better!
Post a Comment
<< Home