Burritos
This is my mom's "recipe" for simple burritos that I have edited some. I think I perfected it for our family's taste last night. Enjoy!
1 lb hamburger
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can refried beans
Shredded cheddar cheese
1 pkg (10 count) soft taco sized tortillas
1) Brown hamburger; drain. Return to pan and add 1/2 pkg taco seasoning (or all if desired), refried beans, and 1/2 cup water. Mix well over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, have a griddle or other pan heating to medium-high heat.
2) Place damp paper towel in tortilla package; microwave for 1 minute. Assemble burritos by placing meat mixture (1/2 cup or less) towards one side of tortilla, top with cheese. Fold in sides and roll up. Place seam side down on heated griddle while assembling next burrito. When placing second burrito seam side down on griddle, turn first one over. Assemble third burrito; remove first from griddle, turn second one over, and place third seam side down. This gets a rythm going for assembly and grilling. Grilling seam side down first seals the burrito; grilling the top side melts the cheese.
3) Serve with sour cream, salsa, and any other burrito toppers and side dishes you like!
Notes:
~I use 1/2 pkg mild taco seasoning because I'm not a huge fan of it anyway.
~I like to use soft taco size instead of burrito size because 2 is just enough where burrito sized 1 isn't enough and 2 is too much.

2 Comments:
I can't wait to try this one :)
I made these the other night when I was looking for something simple but delicious. Yummy! I didn't use the taco seasoning because I'm not a big fan of it either. I did however, add a jar of Old El Paso "Wild for Mild" taco sauce and let it simmer a bit before adding the beans. Love that flavor!
For lunch the following day I put the meat/bean combo over tortilla chips, sprinkled with cheese, and microwaved. (I didn't have any more tortillas because I had used them in a different dish.) This was great too!
Post a Comment
<< Home