Cranberry Chicken
I have started a new venture...Weight Watchers :) I'm excited. I have actually been doing in it for eight weeks and have lost 22 lbs! This recipe is one I got from a meeting. I would give credit to whom it is due, if I knew who deserves it. They do deserve it because this is so tasty.
6 (5oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (8oz.) bottle fat-free catalina salad dressing
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 (16oz.) can whole cranberry sauce
Combine the salad dressing, onion soup mix and cranberry sauce for the marinade. Put chicken in a large ziplock bag. Pour marinade over chicken and seal the bag. Let marinate at least 2 hours or overnight. Remove from marinade, place in a 9x13 baking dish, reserving marinade to brush chicken while baking. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F. Makes 6 servings
NOTE: I followed these directions but I think next time I make it I will put all the marinade in the baking dish with the chicken...well, maybe half the marinade. Basting seemed sort of pointless to me.
6 (5oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (8oz.) bottle fat-free catalina salad dressing
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 (16oz.) can whole cranberry sauce
Combine the salad dressing, onion soup mix and cranberry sauce for the marinade. Put chicken in a large ziplock bag. Pour marinade over chicken and seal the bag. Let marinate at least 2 hours or overnight. Remove from marinade, place in a 9x13 baking dish, reserving marinade to brush chicken while baking. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F. Makes 6 servings
NOTE: I followed these directions but I think next time I make it I will put all the marinade in the baking dish with the chicken...well, maybe half the marinade. Basting seemed sort of pointless to me.

3 Comments:
22 lbs, WOOOHOOO!!!
(and she looks AMAZING, everyone!)
Thank you!! ::blushing::
I have made this recipe many times. I pour the marinade over the chicken and bake it. I have also used apricot pineapple jam instead of cranberry in this recipe. P.S I knew Dawn at Placerita Baptist Church several years ago.
Post a Comment
<< Home