A Slew of Savary Sensations

For all you women out there who have experienced the brain trauma of figuring out what to have for dinner or need helpful food preparation tips...this blog's for you! Here you can find great recipes and tips from the women of the Savary Slew. Ladies and gentlemen, start your salavatin', please!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

This is a recipe I just tried due to leftover canned pumpkin from a muffin baking frenzy I did. Of course, it is edited but the original is called "Pumpkin Pancakes" off of Allrecipes. I accidentally bought pumpkin pie mix rather than regular pumpkin. I think it turned out better than it would have because there was JUST enough pumpkin flavor. It would have been too bland without (which was mentioned in the original reviews). I also edited the preparation to make it easier. The orginal recipe also includes a recipe for apple cider syrup. We just used regular syrup, and it was DELICIOUS! They were really great reheated the next morning, too. One batch makes about 12 pancakes!

1 cup flour
1 Tbs sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin pie mix
2 Tbs vegetable oil

1) Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
2) In a medium bowl, combine and beat together wet ingredients.
3) Slowly beat in dry ingredients just until smooth.
4) Heat griddle on medium-low heat...the outside cooks much faster than the inside! Use 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Spread the batter a little after you pour it on the griddle. This helps reduce cook time and allows the pancake to cook more evenly through. Flip when bubbles appear on top side; cook 1-2 minutes more.

**Matt had the TASTY idea to have cinnamon apples and whipped cream on top!**

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home