Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
If you've never explored Campbell's website, you need to! Ever have a time when you have stuff on hand but no idea what to make? Campbell's has a search where you can put in ingredients you have, and it will give you recipes you can make with what you have. I came across one recently that is quite tasty, quick, cheap, and a one-pot-wonder. What more could you want in a meal?? I entered chicken, broccoli, and cream of mushroom soup. It gave me Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo. :-) Here is the recipe...altered to what I think would taste even better. If you try it, tell me if it's yummy! I can't wait to try it with the alterations!
8 oz pasta of your choice
1-2 cups fresh broccoli
1 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup (or more!) paremsan cheese
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
In a large soup pot (at least a 4 quart) , cook pasta according to package directions. Add broccoli for last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain; leave in colander.
Heat olive oil in pot. Cook chicken and garlic until browned, stirring often.
Add soup, milk, parmesan, black pepper, and pasta/broccoli mixture and heat through. Serve with additional parmesan if desired.
Notes:
~My current favorite pasta is rotini. It's a spiral shaped pasta -- I LOVE the bite it has and it holds sauces very well. Any kind of pasta will do for this recipe however, so pick your favorite or try a new one!
~The recipe originally calls for cream of mushroom soup, but I found that the mushroom flavor overwhelmed all other flavors. It reminded me more of a tuna casserole rather than alfredo. Hence the switch to trying cream of chicken soup.
~The recipe orginally calls for browning the chicken in just butter. Talk about lack of flavor. Hence the switch to trying olive oil and garlic.
8 oz pasta of your choice
1-2 cups fresh broccoli
1 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup (or more!) paremsan cheese
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
In a large soup pot (at least a 4 quart) , cook pasta according to package directions. Add broccoli for last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain; leave in colander.
Heat olive oil in pot. Cook chicken and garlic until browned, stirring often.
Add soup, milk, parmesan, black pepper, and pasta/broccoli mixture and heat through. Serve with additional parmesan if desired.
Notes:
~My current favorite pasta is rotini. It's a spiral shaped pasta -- I LOVE the bite it has and it holds sauces very well. Any kind of pasta will do for this recipe however, so pick your favorite or try a new one!
~The recipe originally calls for cream of mushroom soup, but I found that the mushroom flavor overwhelmed all other flavors. It reminded me more of a tuna casserole rather than alfredo. Hence the switch to trying cream of chicken soup.
~The recipe orginally calls for browning the chicken in just butter. Talk about lack of flavor. Hence the switch to trying olive oil and garlic.

1 Comments:
I'll be first up to try your new and improved Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo. YUMMY! We just finished eating this tonight for dinner, and can we say "stuffed"?! I used the rotini as you suggested b/c it is one of my favorites too. I used tri-color and I loved how it looked tossed with the alfredo and broccoli. So pretty... The only thing I changed was to use half and half instead of milk. I didn't have milk on hand (went to use it yesterday and found out it was open when I bought it...eww...). It was just delicious with the half and half and probably a bit creamier and richer. Other than that...To save time I did the chicken separately while cooking the pasta. The chicken could use just a tad more punch, but I'd still probably follow this recipe in the future. It's a keeper!!
Post a Comment
<< Home