A Slew of Savary Sensations

For all you women out there who have experienced the brain trauma of figuring out what to have for dinner or need helpful food preparation tips...this blog's for you! Here you can find great recipes and tips from the women of the Savary Slew. Ladies and gentlemen, start your salavatin', please!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Focus on Nutrition

Since I started nursing school this summer, I've been eating pre-made and packaged food WAY too often and hardly ever cook a homemade meal. It is so out of character for me and so bad for my health. Because of my food choices the last few months, I often feel lethargic, irritable, jittery, shaky, faint, nauseous, cranky, confused, constipated (sorry TMI!) bloated and perpetually hungry. The perpetual hunger happens because even when my little tummy is stuffed full of food, my body isn't getting the nutrients it needs to function optimally...so I eat more stuff trying to satisfy the hunger, but it doesn't satisfy and then I feel guilty and maybe try eating something else.... and it's a vicious cycle I'm sure many of you are familiar with. THIS HAS GOT TO STOP! We really need to take care of our bodies. I'm sure you've heard it before, but this is the only body we get! I'm loving my nutrition class and hope to pass along some useful information to you in the weeks to come.

Now in order for my changes to stick, I have to use babysteps. So today I'm going to focus on assessment. I'm going to write down everything I eat and drink. That's it! You have to start somewhere. As Flylady says, you didn't get this way overnight, and you're not going to fix it in one day (as much as we want to, right?) Anybody want to join me in taking a babystep toward better nutrition? What's yours?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathie said...

You know what I have been doing, but there is still room for improvement. I'm going to work on eating fruits and veggies for snacks during the day, instead of all the 2 point (ww) snack that are prepackaged and processed.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home