A Slew of Savary Sensations

For all you women out there who have experienced the brain trauma of figuring out what to have for dinner or need helpful food preparation tips...this blog's for you! Here you can find great recipes and tips from the women of the Savary Slew. Ladies and gentlemen, start your salavatin', please!

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Chicken Enchiladas



I received this recipe at my Pampered Bride shower from my sr. year RD at Masters. I have no idea why I never tried it before now other than that I incorrectly assumed Matt hated enchiladas. He's totally fine with them and likes these! :-) They're so simple, but so tasty that it took care of my Mexican craving!

1 can refried beans
10 soft taco size tortillas
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
3 cups cubed chicken, roasted or cooked
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend cheese)
2 cans enchilada sauce of desired heat intensity (MILD for me!)

Optional:
1/4 cup green onions
1/4 cup sliced black olives
3/4 cups salsa (optional)
Lettuce

Preaheat oven to 350. Grease 9x13 baking dish. Combine soup and sour cream; stir in chicken.

Spread about 2 Tbs beans on each tortilla. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center; top with 1 Tbs cheese. Roll up tightly and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat for all tortillas. Pour enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese (onions and olives if desired). Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, sprinkle lettuce on top if desired.

Suggested Sides: Spanish rice, tortilla chips, or any other typical Mexican side!

Serving Size: 20 enchiladas (when cut in half)

Notes:
~When using mild enchilada sauce, there's pretty much no heat to this tasty dish.
~I didn't use any of the optional ingredients for preference sake.
~They don't freeze well -- I learned the hard way. Soggy tortillas and lumpy filling...yum yum. :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home